Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why manners?????

Manners is my #1 passion. Most of my friends probably would have thought I would have said Bama football is my #1 passion. It's right up there, but football isn't an everyday thing-that is, unless you watch ESPN,etc 25 hours a day! Manners is that particular tool of politeness that one needs to have and use correctly every day. I begin my classes at the age of 4 and continue them into the college and adult world. We teach our babies as soon as they can talk to say the "Wonderful Words" such as "Please" and "Thank You", but as they get older, a lot of these types of words are forgotten. Another thing we teach our children when they are very young is how to bathe. The more they do this for themselves, the better they get at it. You don't have to tell them every time they step into the shower how to turn on the water or tell them what the soap is for. They've done this enough to know how.It's second nature to them-it has become a natural extension of themselves. And that's what I hope for each child or adult in my classes-that using good manners every day, whether at the dinner table or on a cell phone, becomes a natural extension of themselves. After all, our young people are our future-sometimes, that's kinda scary to think about, isn't it!?!
 So----manners is my passion. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it; and I'm going to stick it to whomever will read about it. Topic suggestions are always encouraged.
Miss Lulu

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have had blogs for a few years, and I really enjoy the community of bloggers that I have met. Most are extremely creative and talented, and they are always willing to help each other. For the most part, everyone I have met through blogging is wonderful, although once in a while, you do get a sour grape. You learn to ignore those. When there are issues with Blogger (and there usually are are, which is why I don't use it anymore), somebody will help you figure it out.

    A really good way to increase your number of readers is to link onto some of the weekly "memes," as they are called, on a regular basis. Then when you are more widely known, you could start your own weekly Linky. I can think of a couple of blogs which do feature ladies who teach manners, but your new blog will definitely be an asset to the blogging world.

    If you would like me to, I can mention Miss Lulu (cute!) on a post or two and include a link back to your blog. I will link that post to several of the memes, and you will get a lot of exposure. Patience is required!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, Miss Lulu! Manners are a vital part of a successful society and we in America are sorely lacking! I too share tips for practicing manners in everyday life.....the more of us there are educating people and modeling what we teach,the better!
    Together we CAN make a difference!
    Have a beautiful day!
    P.S. Ellen shared this on her Facebook page...I'm so glad she did!

    ReplyDelete