Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hollywood is here!

Today on my way to my daily work-out place, I got a little side tracked. Never made it to work-out, because I went to look out-look out for Hollywood and all the hoopla that has come to my tiny little southern town. Yes, a movie is being made here by, none other than, Billy Bob Thornton, the one and only. He not only is directing it but is also starring in it along with Robert Duval and Kevin Bacon. The name of the movie is Jayne Mansfield's Car. Several blocks of our little town have been changed to appear as if it is 1969. Storefronts remind me so much of my hometown growing up in the 60s. My look out was quite successful. I did see, from not too far away, all three main people; and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the good manners of these guys. Mr. Bacon and Mr. Thornton came over to the crowd and gave lots of autographs and had pictures taken. I think Mr. Duval was inside somewhere cooling off-you know it gets rather hot here in the South in the summer. Who knows-maybe the premier will be held here. They are using the vintage 60-ish movie theater in a scene or two. I'm told that the theater is what sold Mr. Thornton on the idea of using our town. Whatever becomes of the movie, I'll have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the manners of the movie stars. It just goes to show you that you can't believe all you read about movie stars.
Miss Lulu

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog look you decided upon, especially the clouds/sky background. It is well-written, thoughtful and very timely. I predict a hit!

    ReplyDelete