Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Wheel of What?

        The other night on the national news concerning the plight of our country's economy and debt,  a Congressman was shown talking to his counterparts with a giant drawing of a wheel. The wheel was divided into sections like a pie. In each section was some kind of bad news(old /new) about the nation's economy. He called it the Wheel of Misfortune.
        In my etiquette classes for the older children and adults, I have a game we play called the Wheel of Etiquette Misfortune. It's played just like the game show on television except that, of course, it deals with different etiquette issues. Strangely enough, a lot of adults cannot answer the questions that come up. And in D.C.?
       I realize this is an Etiquette Blog, but I find it interesting that there are great similarities in those who don't practice good etiquette-whether it's with manners or with money-trying to control it, that is. Maybe I need to take a trip to D.C. with my Wheel.
Miss Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment